Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Project dont get pregnant



For my last art project we were asked to make a "found object" piece. Which means you use an object that is not intended for art. We were also supposed to come up with a metaphor for it. A hidden meaning either serious or joking. An example was a mouse made out of computer parts. Hahaha I originally wanted to make a "fruit bowl" out of artificially flavored fruit soda cans. I got the bowl part done, looked like a child did it. Then I attempted the fruit part. Looked like crap and gave up in a very stressed out mood. Very same night that I decided I had to start all over with only a weekend left... I had to take scott to the emergency room cause he sliced his knuckle open with a soda top. Anyway.. way later that night I could finally start thinking about a new project. I came up with I think, a pretty funny one! The critique for it is tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!! I did a diaper bag that is made out of condoms. Yes 48 condoms cover this bag that is filled with diapers and a baby bottle. Now the real funny part to this whole story is that when me and scott went to fred meyer to buy these massive amount of condoms which by the way we drove all around town to find the cheapest amount in bulk. Well anyway.. we ended up having to buy three 24 packs of the assorted pack. So I could get the right colors I needed. Plus diapers and a bottle all in one purchase. Well we went through the self checkout of course to prevent any possible embarrassment. When we were all done buying them we walk through the beeping part and of course it goes off! Our luck. Normally the workers are too lazy and dont give a crap and usually just let us go, im sure that has happened to you. Not this time. The guy working there grabs the bag from scott and trys scanning them again to get the detector thing off. While he was doing this, there was a couple our age watching that could see through the very thin fred meyer bag and noticed how many we were buying. The couple starts to laugh and looks over at us. I said "i swear its for a project!" The girl looks at me and says "Yea project dont get pregnant!" So there is the very long eventful story for my weekend. Anyway here are a couple pictures of it.. Ill bring it home though so you can get a closer look. : )

6 comments:

Haley said...

Wow. Sorry that was so long!! I got a little carried away... haha!!

Mac said...

Glorious!
Great story.
I can't wait to see it.
See you tomorrow.

"Price check on register 3".......

Susie Q said...

Awesome Hopper! Really, it might be a great idea for a product to sell. Maybe not at Freddies but Saturday Market? Fun!

Susie Q said...

Price check on "Family Size Condoms, "ribbed for her pleasure", "lubed for his pleasure". ((Wipes tears...))

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh. Mom told me the story already, but it's even funnier hearing it from you. The bag looks really good!

froelica said...

Hahaha! That's hilarious!
And cool idea.

That reminds me of a gift some relative got for my brother a loooooong time ago. It was called "Safe Sox". It was socks that had a condom pouch in them. All I could think at the time was "Yeah, that's sexy. You're getting all hot and heavy and the guy reaches into his sock pouch labeled 'safe sox'.."

Even as a little kid I was weird.